Article 4: The Assembly
Whereas Jesus gathered the multitudes unto himself and ministered unto them, and scripture says not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together.
Whereas Rose spoke many times “that no man can be an island unto himself” and “stay together,” stressing the importance of gathering together often:
Whereas Jesus said, “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them,” (Matthew 18:20):
The Church of Jesus Christ Forever,
thus and therefore, states:
a) that She is a many-membered body with all members having the freedom to move by the Holy Ghost;
b) that Her pastor does not control the podium, but rather sits among the congregation and watches over the Spirit;
Section 2: that She has no planned program, knowing that the Holy Ghost is well able to run the service;
Section 3: that as She assembles, everyone has a psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation; that she is prepared to minister, for it is more blessed to give than receive;
Section 4: that She will allow all of the Gifts of the Spirit to operate, to edify the church bringing it unto perfection;
Section 5: that She will allow the unusual demonstration of the Holy Ghost and not be quick to judge it;
Section 6: that She will be willing to wait on the moving of the Holy Ghost:
a) music and fleshly manifestations shall not take the place of these quiet times;
b) music has its place only as the Spirit leads, and not as the mainstay of the service;
Section 7: that She be willing to give and receive the chastening, the correction, or the rebuke of the Lord, which afterwards yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness;
Section 8: that She will allow the children to minister by the Holy Ghost, as there is neither Jew nor Greek, bond nor free, male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
A. When gathering together in the Assembly meeting:
1. that She shall use and refer to and go no further forward than the Authorized King James Version (1611) of the Holy Bible for it is the pure word of God;
2. that She must believe and uphold the five-fold ministry: some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
3. that there is a manifestation of the flesh. There is a manifestation of the Spirit. The flesh must be under control of the Spirit, the Spirit having complete precedence over the flesh;
4. that children shall not be separated from the Assembly, but be taught and allowed to minister with the adults as the Holy Ghost moves;
5. that there must be complete dedication to attending the Assembly, that She shall lack in nothing and grow in the Spirit;
6. that She shall assemble and encourage the assembling as often as possible;
7. that social events may not take the place of assembling (exceptions must be exceptional).
B. When not in Assembly:
1. that She upholds and adheres to the Constitution, the ByLaws and the Creed of The Church of Jesus Christ Forever;
2. that She shall lead a life free of sin, for the wages of sin is death and whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;
3. that She shall not celebrate the traditions of men in a secular manner;
4. that She will not be required to pay any fees to become, or continue as, an Assembly of The Church of Jesus Christ Forever;
5. that She shall comply satisfactorily with all state and federal laws;
6. that no one of the assembly shall litigate or sue The Church of Jesus Christ Forever.
1. There must be a serious breach of the Constitution and ByLaws of The Church of Jesus Christ Forever, and the Word of God;
2. The Office of the Reverend General retains the right to dissolve an Assembly at any given time;
3. The Assembly has the Right to Appeal to the Office of the Reverend General who must grant a hearing within 90 days of such a request.
Thus, the assembly of The Church of Jesus Christ Forever will meet in one accord, prepared and allowing the Holy Ghost to edify and move freely; by this will we be perfected as He intended.